I’m excited to receive my very first blog award – the Liebster Blog Award – thanks to themustardseed, a lovely blog of which every recipe makes me think "this is MY kind of food" and every photograph whets my appetite. Thank you, themustardseed!
Now is my turn to pass on the award. The rules are:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Give your top 5 picks for the award.
- Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
Forwarding the award to 5 food blogs I was instantly hooked on to and now enjoy reading regularly.
My Fancy Pantry: For its unique take on Indian food, often fusing surprising elements into delicious gravies.
SpiceRoots: For the Kashmiri bent of its recipes wrapped in evocative prose.
Spusht : For its exuberant voice and its inclination to draw mathematics into cooking [who’da thunk of kheer expressed as an algebraic equation?]
Sublime Palate: For its beautiful pictures, food treading the balance between Indian and Thai, thought-provoking preludes to recipes that never fail to trigger in me personal trails of memories.
- What’s Cookin’: For the etymological titbits that Prerna dishes out with her fluent writing and innovative food-related articles that go beyond recipes.
I read elsewhere that the Liebster Award must be passed on to blogs with relatively small readership as of now, and so I haven’t included any from my long list of favorite food blogs – most of them have subscribers of the order of thousands. If you’re new to the food blogging scene, do have a look at my blogroll to discover some beautiful food blogs from the world over.