As promised in my post on coriander parsley pesto, here come suggestions for different tasty ways to have this pesto.
1. Mushroom and Cherry Tomato Sauté with Pesto
- Mushrooms – 300 grams
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup
- Coriander parsley pesto – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Wash and slice mushrooms. Use cherry tomatoes whole.
Coat the bottom of a wide non-stick pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Put on a high flame, sauté cherry tomatoes and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper till the mushrooms give off all water. (around 5 minutes).
Mix a tablespoon of coriander parsley pesto. Serve warm.
2. Spaghetti with Pesto
- Spaghetti – cooked as per packet instructions
- Coriander parsley pesto – 1 tablespoon per serving
Mix a tablespoon of coriander parsley pesto per serving to just-cooked spaghetti.
3. Pesto On Toast
- Bread slices
- Butter – 1/2 teaspoon per slice
- Coriander parsley pesto – 1 teaspoon per slice
Toast bread slices. Butter them, then spread coriander parsley pesto over each slice. Serve immediately.